Monday, October 26, 2009

Good Manners in the ER

I spent five hours in the ER in Key West yesterday because a friend had an accident. He's okay, very uncomfortable, but alive...maybe the fall jostled something in his head that will keep him from wearing CROCs on a roof to clean out gutters with water. This is the number one reason why, Jews, don't clean gutters...

Anyway, I just wanted to share what good manners the administration, nurses and docs all were. They were pleasant and came out and made you feel like they were sincerely concerned. It was very busy for a Sunday, there were two air lifts out and several ambulance arrivals. Plus, I think there was some H1N1 (I'm not calling it swine flu remember, it's not the poor piggys fault).

So KUDOS to the Key West ER and this is coming from a doctor's daughter who spent many hours in the ER keeping up with her older brothers.

But who has BAD manners...whom ever owns the shopping center that has the PUBLIX in Key West. You know Publix has built an empire upon it's customer service. Inside the Publix I have always been treated well. It's a point that Publix still offers cart service, but we know most of us refuse it. EVERY Publix in the rest of Florida has a place to put the carts except us. I just came home from dodging about twenty carts! I always return my cart to the store, not inside but below. I actually saw another woman doing just that the other day too! Hooray for her! But if the owner would just have some good manners and give up a few parking spaces for the carts it would be appreciated. Until then....bad manners Mr. Shopping Center Owner...
xoxoAmanda
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9m2FLHlEwA

Twitter