Tuesday, September 1, 2009

good morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWcsq2w8fwI This is unusual for me to post early in the morning unless I haven't been to sleep yet, but I thought this video was so nice and calming. I don't think most families wake up to this kind of joy anymore, if ever. I remember when I was a kid and I was lucky to get a bowl of stale cereal. My Mom did offer me eggs, but I thought eggs were gross. I'm still not crazy about them unless they're deviled. Anyway, the dog was always barking, my brothers were always rushing off to school or swim practice and my dad was hurrying to do 'rounds'. He was a pediatrician and my Mom was just trying to get us all out of the house.

I have found that when we rise at the time our body clock wants us to rise we are very refreshed and relaxed, but unless you're a struggling writer like me, when do you get to sleep on your schedule. And now with all the technology accosting us as soon as our eyelids open...

Also, if you can take a bath instead of a shower you'll find that you wake happier. It also helps to have someone bring you coffee and glazed donuts in bed!
Just remember if you're sleeping with someone, a gentle kiss and a good morning are the best way to get someone to rise and shine...or glow....
Manners for everyday situations.

Twitter