Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Spitting is never good manners

Why do men spit? I don't understand it. Women swallow...men spit.

Today I was coming out of a building when a boy/man, probably about 16, hawked a flugi across the driveway. It was disgusting, not only watching the spitwad fly across the asphalt, but hearing the sound effect that went along with it. To top it off the boy/man was wearing a ladybug costume.

I know it's worse manners to point out when someone is displaying bad manners, but I felt that besides the bad manners of spitting he wasn't acting appropriately for a ladybug. So that's exactly how I put it....Ahem....I really think that spitting is inappropriate for a ladybug.

Spitting is only appropriate when brushing one's teeth or spitting out poisonous venom.

And when dressed in costume...one must behave in character of the costume.

The real question was: Why was this boy/man wearing a ladybug costume to begin with?

Twitter