Sunday, June 14, 2009

manners for everyday situations

My recent column in Solares Hill focused on Library manners. Check it out by going online. I know you'll learn something.


Manners are important everywhere you go. Having manners portrays someone who is considerate to think of the other person. It doesn't mean you have to give up who you are and what you believe, in fact if anything, manners give you a stronger platform to build upon. You know the old saying you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar...it's true. Manners is about communication. No one wants your ideas jammed down their throats, even if you ask for their advice. The point is to be courteous and honest. If you can't say something nice then don't say it all...unless you need to tell someone something that will forewarn them or protect them...I'll focus on communicating honestly on my next guest appearance on KONK 1630am radio on Wednesday at 9:30. You can listen online.

Until then, if you have any questions or comments, let me know. My e-mail address is: amandapipersmith@aol.com or tweet me at: amandasmanners or make a new friend and facebook me.

Twitter